Skip to main content

Mercy Aigbe says she is honored by AMVCA nomination



in an interview recently Mercy Aigbe expressed how she feels honored to be nominated by AMVCA
read the inter view below
How has the new year been so far?2014 just started. We are in February and it’s been okay but I know that it’s going to get better. I’ve been working and featuring in other people’s movies but very soon I will go on set to do a sequel to my movie Osas omoge Benin.

We just finished the script conference last week and we are looking at April to go on location to shoot the movie. What’s prompting me to do this is because people have been asking for the concluding part of the movie. People should actually watch out for it; we’ve shot parts of it in the UK and U.S and we are going to do the Nigeria part very soon.

2014 is going to be a year of good tidings for me. It’s a year that I know God will be on my side career-wise. It’s a year that I’m sure will be memorable especially in my career. I have a nomination in the forthcoming AMVCA. My movie, Comfo was nominated in the Best Indigenous Movie category.

How does it feel to be nominated for an AMVCA?
It’s an honour for you to get nominated. It means people are watching me and they feel I’m doing some things right so getting a nomination is awesome and hopefully (I’m keeping my fingers crossed) I might get the award. But even if I don’t, I’m still grateful for the nomination.

What are your chances of winning?
I don’t know…I’m hopeful and I’ve been praying. It’s a plus for me so when I wake every morning I tell God to help me get the award. I think my category is not open for viewers to vote, it’s going to be based on judges’ decision. I don’t know whether I should celebrate that but at the end of the day, I think the best person should win.

But winning will actually mean a lot for me; I’ve gotten a couple of awards before this and I want to keep getting more because it will actually inspire me to do more and maintain a standard of excellence.

What’s your favorite DStv channel?
I’d say AfricaMagic Yoruba…but to be sincere, it’d be Style Network. I love fashion! I want to be up to date with what is happening only that my kids trouble me to change the channel to Disney.

What football club do you support?
Arsenal! Gunners for life!! It’s not because I’m a football fan but because my husband is an Arsenal fan and I have no choice. I have three Arsenal jerseys he made for me and so I have no choice even though I don’t know a thing about football but I support Arsenal because my husband and I are one. Whatever my husband loves, of course I’ve got to love so up Gunners!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman kills husband because he stopped licking her

38-year-old Maryland native Tasha Smith who is making headlines for killing her husband, Smith grabbed a gun and drove to her husbands girlfriends home. But why? Because the husband stopped eating her V@gina and got a new woman. Once in the apartment, Smith shot her husband Reginald. Once police arrived he was rushed to the local hospital, and died from gunshot wounds.

My Strong will for excellence and family support made me achieve Academic Excellence - Dr Olawunmi Ogunmola

 I am starting a series, and this series is me interviewing some people doing great in key areas, I decided to kick start the episode with someone I share a history with because I saw firsthand how she excelled while we were in secondary school, the reason why I am doing this is simple, to help people trace certain things backward and to help them see how some things are predictive. Wunmi and I went to the same secondary school and I can tell you without a doubt, she was very studious, she was a bookworm,, but II also know many bookworms that were not geniuses, so I decided to ask her how she did it. some people say, Hard work ,  Luck, Heredity , and Prayers, I say, let's hear from the horse's mouth. She was the best-graduating Chemical Engineering student in the year 2008/2009 from Obafemi Awolowo University with a CGPA of 4.88 Check out our Conversation Below   Me; Hi Olawunmi, long time, how have you been? Dr. Olawunmi: I am doing great, indeed, it's been a long time, 

Jay Z, Beyonce and their Twins pictured

Lovely!!!!!!!!!!