Skip to main content

Meet the couple who married on 11/12/13 at 14:15

11/12/13 14:15: Philip Broughton and Fiona Wiltshire on their wedding day

A couple celebrated a wedding day moment to remember – after tying the nuts  yesterday on 11/12/13 – at 14:15.
Philip Broughton and Fiona Wiltshire picked the date and time to set up a unique numerical progression on their special day.
And their wedding day went without a hitch, despite some initial reservations from the Registrar.
Groom Philip told the Manchester Evening News: “When we tried to book for quarter past we were told we had to choose 2pm or 2.30pm. So we went for 2.30pm and planned to turn up early.
“It wasn't until five weeks ago when we were speaking to our registrar and she asked us about the time. Once we explained she said it wouldn't be a problem.
“We'd like to thank the registrar for being so understanding and letting us do it.”

Blushing bride Fiona said: “It's one you won't forget. We wanted to get married in December and it was Phil's idea to do today. Some guests did raise an eyebrow when we said but most of them only noticed when we pointed it out.”
Ian Hulme, the best man, was behind the idea of the quarter past two ceremony. He said: “As soon as they told me the date I said you should have it at that time. It's just obvious isn't it?”
The ceremony and reception, for 65 people, was held at Best Western Hotel Smokies on Ashton Road in Oldham.
When asked about pre-wedding jitters the groom said: “I wasn't at all nervous until this morning but I do have a jippy tummy now. It's alright for Fiona, because she has to get ready and get her hair done, so she's occupied, I've just got to wait around. And I've gone and forgot my book!
“Last night I stayed in the room Fiona and the bridesmaids will be getting ready in and was threatened with serious injury not to look at the dresses.”
Fiona addded: “I'm relieved now we've had the service. I wasn't really nervous before but I'm just relieved everything has gone without a hitch.”
Philip, originally from Ardwick and Fiona from Newton Moss first met five years ago through their passion for ballroom dancing and got engaged on Christmas Day last year. Philip said: “We just got on really well straight away.”
The couple have decided to put off their honeymoon until next year. Philip said: “Home. That's the only place we'll be going. Finish work next week and get ready for Christmas."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman kills husband because he stopped licking her

38-year-old Maryland native Tasha Smith who is making headlines for killing her husband, Smith grabbed a gun and drove to her husbands girlfriends home. But why? Because the husband stopped eating her V@gina and got a new woman. Once in the apartment, Smith shot her husband Reginald. Once police arrived he was rushed to the local hospital, and died from gunshot wounds.

My Strong will for excellence and family support made me achieve Academic Excellence - Dr Olawunmi Ogunmola

 I am starting a series, and this series is me interviewing some people doing great in key areas, I decided to kick start the episode with someone I share a history with because I saw firsthand how she excelled while we were in secondary school, the reason why I am doing this is simple, to help people trace certain things backward and to help them see how some things are predictive. Wunmi and I went to the same secondary school and I can tell you without a doubt, she was very studious, she was a bookworm,, but II also know many bookworms that were not geniuses, so I decided to ask her how she did it. some people say, Hard work ,  Luck, Heredity , and Prayers, I say, let's hear from the horse's mouth. She was the best-graduating Chemical Engineering student in the year 2008/2009 from Obafemi Awolowo University with a CGPA of 4.88 Check out our Conversation Below   Me; Hi Olawunmi, long time, how have you been? Dr. Olawunmi: I am doing great, indeed, it's been a long time, 

Jay Z, Beyonce and their Twins pictured

Lovely!!!!!!!!!!