Skip to main content

Man Throws Son Off Building And Kills Himself

Dmitriy Kanarikov and his son, Kirill

A man who had recently separated from his wife threw his three-year-old son from the roof of a high-rise, before jumping to his death moments later.

Dmitry Kanarikov, 35, was killed instantly while the boy was taken to hospital in a critical condition but died shortly afterwards.

Kanarikov, from Brooklyn, had picked up his son Kirill from his wife at 10am on Sunday.

The wife was due to pick him up at 1pm at the station, a neutral location chosen by the couple.

It has been reported that Kirill was at the centre of a bitter custody battle, which may have triggered the apparent murder-suicide.

Surveillance video seen by detectives showed the father and son walking to the building.

Moments later witnesses described seeing a body falling past their apartments.

Residents said the roof was not locked, meaning anyone who knew the way there could gain access.

One resident Jim Millman, 62, told the New York Times: "When you're up on that roof, it’s an incredible panorama.

"My wife and I have said, it is so - not to say dangerous - but open."

Police believe the man was possibly drawn to the building because he had a friend who may have lived there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman kills husband because he stopped licking her

38-year-old Maryland native Tasha Smith who is making headlines for killing her husband, Smith grabbed a gun and drove to her husbands girlfriends home. But why? Because the husband stopped eating her V@gina and got a new woman. Once in the apartment, Smith shot her husband Reginald. Once police arrived he was rushed to the local hospital, and died from gunshot wounds.

My Strong will for excellence and family support made me achieve Academic Excellence - Dr Olawunmi Ogunmola

 I am starting a series, and this series is me interviewing some people doing great in key areas, I decided to kick start the episode with someone I share a history with because I saw firsthand how she excelled while we were in secondary school, the reason why I am doing this is simple, to help people trace certain things backward and to help them see how some things are predictive. Wunmi and I went to the same secondary school and I can tell you without a doubt, she was very studious, she was a bookworm,, but II also know many bookworms that were not geniuses, so I decided to ask her how she did it. some people say, Hard work ,  Luck, Heredity , and Prayers, I say, let's hear from the horse's mouth. She was the best-graduating Chemical Engineering student in the year 2008/2009 from Obafemi Awolowo University with a CGPA of 4.88 Check out our Conversation Below   Me; Hi Olawunmi, long time, how have you been? Dr. Olawunmi: I am doing great, indeed, it's been a long time, 

Jay Z, Beyonce and their Twins pictured

Lovely!!!!!!!!!!