Skip to main content

Bricklayer with 2kg cocaine in stomach arrested

Nigeria’s National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) today arrested a 46-year-old bricklayer from Anambra, who attempted to smuggle 2.07kg of cocaine into the country.
A statement by the Spokesman of the NDLEA, Mr Mitchell Ofoyeju, said the suspect was arrested at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, with 83 wraps of substance that had tested positive to cocaine.
“He was detected with the help of scanning machines during the screening of passengers on an Asky Airline flight from Brazil.’’
Ofoyeju said the suspect was recruited by a drug cartel in Brazil and when arrested excreted one of the highest quantity of cocaine ingested at a time so far this year.
“Preliminary investigations revealed that drug barons now have agents who move from village to village in search of drug mules.
“They have several antics, which include promise of better job opportunities abroad. The case is under investigation.”
Ofoyeju quoted the suspect, a bricklayer at Alor Village in Anambra, as saying he was lured to sell family land in order to travel abroad in search of job opportunities.
“I got to Brazil on July 10 and all attempts to get a job was unsuccessful. That was when they sold the idea of drug trafficking to me.
“Initially I objected but when there was no other option, I succumbed. They made me to swallow 83 wraps of cocaine which was detected by NDLEA officers,” he said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman kills husband because he stopped licking her

38-year-old Maryland native Tasha Smith who is making headlines for killing her husband, Smith grabbed a gun and drove to her husbands girlfriends home. But why? Because the husband stopped eating her V@gina and got a new woman. Once in the apartment, Smith shot her husband Reginald. Once police arrived he was rushed to the local hospital, and died from gunshot wounds.

My Strong will for excellence and family support made me achieve Academic Excellence - Dr Olawunmi Ogunmola

 I am starting a series, and this series is me interviewing some people doing great in key areas, I decided to kick start the episode with someone I share a history with because I saw firsthand how she excelled while we were in secondary school, the reason why I am doing this is simple, to help people trace certain things backward and to help them see how some things are predictive. Wunmi and I went to the same secondary school and I can tell you without a doubt, she was very studious, she was a bookworm,, but II also know many bookworms that were not geniuses, so I decided to ask her how she did it. some people say, Hard work ,  Luck, Heredity , and Prayers, I say, let's hear from the horse's mouth. She was the best-graduating Chemical Engineering student in the year 2008/2009 from Obafemi Awolowo University with a CGPA of 4.88 Check out our Conversation Below   Me; Hi Olawunmi, long time, how have you been? Dr. Olawunmi: I am doing great, indeed, it's been a long time, 

Jay Z, Beyonce and their Twins pictured

Lovely!!!!!!!!!!