Skip to main content

Gov Suntai speaks briefly on videotape

The Taraba State Governor, Mr. Danbaba Suntai, finally addressed the people on Wednesday , exactly  four days after  his return from a 10-month medical sojourn abroad.
The brief address was however not live but through a video shown on the state-owned television station in Jalingo.
His failure to do so earlier  and appear before the state House Assembly to formally intimate its  members of his desire to resume work had created suspicions that he was incapable of continuing to function as the state governor.

Before the video was brodcast, he met with  the  lawmakers and  inaugurated the newly appointed Secretary to the State Government, Timothy Kataps,  as well as the Chief of Staff, Mallam Aminu Jika.
The governor, who is recuperating  from injuries he sustained last October when a small aircraft he flew crashed, had earlier dissolved the state Executive Council, leaving only his special assistants.
In the address, Suntai  commended the people of the state  for their prayers and  for standing by him in his moment  of  trial.
“I thank  the people of Taraba State  for standing  by me and my family.I  also thank the commissioners for holding the fort  while I was away. Also enjoin all of you to continue to live in peace,” he said.
Suntai, who  wore  a sky  blue suit  and  a stripe shirt,  also congratulated the people on the  22nd anniversary  of the state which was   on  August 27.
He had while inaugurating  the new SSG and the  CoS  enjoined them  to to work in the interest of the people. The new SSG (Kataps), a former Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice,  took over from Mr. Garvey Yawe while Jika, who  once served in the same capacity  in 2007, replaced Alhmed Yusuf.
Yawe and Yusuf were among the members of the  sacked state Executive Council. The others are  all the commissioners and  22 special advisers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman kills husband because he stopped licking her

38-year-old Maryland native Tasha Smith who is making headlines for killing her husband, Smith grabbed a gun and drove to her husbands girlfriends home. But why? Because the husband stopped eating her V@gina and got a new woman. Once in the apartment, Smith shot her husband Reginald. Once police arrived he was rushed to the local hospital, and died from gunshot wounds.

My Strong will for excellence and family support made me achieve Academic Excellence - Dr Olawunmi Ogunmola

 I am starting a series, and this series is me interviewing some people doing great in key areas, I decided to kick start the episode with someone I share a history with because I saw firsthand how she excelled while we were in secondary school, the reason why I am doing this is simple, to help people trace certain things backward and to help them see how some things are predictive. Wunmi and I went to the same secondary school and I can tell you without a doubt, she was very studious, she was a bookworm,, but II also know many bookworms that were not geniuses, so I decided to ask her how she did it. some people say, Hard work ,  Luck, Heredity , and Prayers, I say, let's hear from the horse's mouth. She was the best-graduating Chemical Engineering student in the year 2008/2009 from Obafemi Awolowo University with a CGPA of 4.88 Check out our Conversation Below   Me; Hi Olawunmi, long time, how have you been? Dr. Olawunmi: I am doing great, indeed, it's been a long time, 

Jay Z, Beyonce and their Twins pictured

Lovely!!!!!!!!!!