Skip to main content

Obasanjo calls for prayers over 2015 elections

Former  President Olusegun Obasanjo

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Tuesday urged Nigerians to keep fasting and praying ahead of the 2015 elections, saying that only God has power to appoint leaders.
Obasanjo said this when the National President of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, Dr. Felix Omobude, paid him a courtesy visit in his Abeokuta, Ogun State, home.
According to him, Nigeria is God’s project and as such the nation will overcome all its challenges no matter how insurmountable they can be.

Obasanjo said, “If there is anything that I would ask of you, it is that you should never stop fasting and praying for Nigeria. I always say that I’m an incurable optimist about this country.
“In my short span of life, I have seen a few unexpected things in this country when we thought that the end would just happen, but God made us to scale through.
“I personally never thought we would have a leader like (late Gen. Sani) Abacha in this country, I was a victim of his despotism but God saw us through that situation.
“There is no situation we see or worry about that God will not see us through. That is my belief and that is what gives me confidence, it gives me courage, it gives me the ability to work for the country’s unity.
“No matter what is happening, to me and the country, all will be well. And those of you who believe all will be well for Nigeria should continue to shout Hallelujah. God has done it for us.”
The former President, while alluding to his years in the military, expressed optimism that Nigeria would remain united and indivisible.
Earlier in his remarks, Omobude had described Obasanjo as a special treasure to the country, adding that the former President should not stop at playing pivotal role for the good of the country.
Omobude, who led the leadership of the PFN to Obasanjo, said that the fellowship would continue to pray for the peace, unity and progress of the country.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman kills husband because he stopped licking her

38-year-old Maryland native Tasha Smith who is making headlines for killing her husband, Smith grabbed a gun and drove to her husbands girlfriends home. But why? Because the husband stopped eating her V@gina and got a new woman. Once in the apartment, Smith shot her husband Reginald. Once police arrived he was rushed to the local hospital, and died from gunshot wounds.

My Strong will for excellence and family support made me achieve Academic Excellence - Dr Olawunmi Ogunmola

 I am starting a series, and this series is me interviewing some people doing great in key areas, I decided to kick start the episode with someone I share a history with because I saw firsthand how she excelled while we were in secondary school, the reason why I am doing this is simple, to help people trace certain things backward and to help them see how some things are predictive. Wunmi and I went to the same secondary school and I can tell you without a doubt, she was very studious, she was a bookworm,, but II also know many bookworms that were not geniuses, so I decided to ask her how she did it. some people say, Hard work ,  Luck, Heredity , and Prayers, I say, let's hear from the horse's mouth. She was the best-graduating Chemical Engineering student in the year 2008/2009 from Obafemi Awolowo University with a CGPA of 4.88 Check out our Conversation Below   Me; Hi Olawunmi, long time, how have you been? Dr. Olawunmi: I am doing great, indeed, it's been a long time, 

Jay Z, Beyonce and their Twins pictured

Lovely!!!!!!!!!!